Fall 2019 program
Fall in Sorrento begins with the summer weather of late August, which carries on through most of the semester. The harvest begins in October when the fruits and vegetables of autumn become available in abundance!
Intern with a local business in your field or strictly take credits toward your degree, and celebrate Thanksgiving and local holidays with Italian friends on the warm Sorrento coast.
Experience the beginning of Italian holidays in December and the festivities that accompany the celebrations.
Discover what a past student thought about the merits of a fall semester abroad on our blog!
- August 25 – December 14, 2019
- Fall break: October 15-19
- 3 credits per course for a total of 15-18 credits
- Students take one Italian course (all levels available) and 4-5 courses taught in English.
- 3 excursions included: Pompeii, Mt Vesuvius, Naples
- Internship opportunities are also available for academic credit (as part of the 18 credits) in a variety of business and art sectors. Please visit the Internship page to learn more.
- All our courses are offered through Jacksonville University (Florida) which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. For more questions on this process, please contact Sant'Anna Program Coordinator Olga Stinga at firstname.lastname@example.org. For application, contact the Assistant Program Coordinator, Serena Vacca, at email@example.com. Courses noted with (JU) are taught by Jacksonville University faculty.
- Tuition and Fees
Application Deadline for Fall 2019 Program: June 11th, 2019
Internship and Service Learning
Introduction to Civic Engagement JU 330Italian Studies
Elementary Italian Language WL 101
Pre-Intermediate Italian Language WL 102
Intermediate Italian Language WL 201
Upper Intermediate Italian Language WL 202
Advanced Italian Language WL 301
Special Topics: Post-Advanced Italian WL 325
Medieval Italian Literature I - Dante WL 325
Medieval Italian Literature II WL 325
Modern Italian Literature WL 325
Contemporary Italian Literature WL 325Classical Studies
Elementary Latin WL 101
Pre-Intermediate Latin WL 102
Introductory Ancient Greek WL 101Humanities and Arts
Introductory Writing ENGL 103
World Literature ENGL 203
Special Topics: History of Art from Ancient Greece to Italian Renaissance ARH 376
Special Topics: Archaeology Field Study HUM 399
World Geography GEOG 200
Introduction to Philosophy PHIL 101
History of Italian Cinema FVA 276
Special Topics: Drawing on Location ART 375
Introduction to digital photography ART 205Business Studies
Competing in the Global Environment INB 303
Sustainability SUST 335
International tourism (4 credits) JU 330
Entrepreneurship and the New Economy ENT 481
Principles of Marketing MKG 301Social Sciences
Introduction to Sociology SOC 203
World Religions RELG 101
Special Topics: History of Contemporary Italy HIST 350
Special Topics: History of the Mafia HIST 350
Western Civilization Since 1648 HIST 165
Anthropology of Europe JU 330
Special Topics: Mediterranean Culture and History IS 305
International Politics POL 208
Special Topics: Human Rights JU 330
Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies: History, Theory, Practice WGS 201.Sciences and Natural Sciences
Introduction to Geology JU 330
Introduction to Volcanology JU 330
Introduction to Marine Biology MSC 311
Special Topics: Marine Conservation MSC 430