Sorrento 01:47 PM
Study abroad programs in Italy have traditionally focused on the popular cultural centers of Rome, Florence, Milan, and other cities in the north of Italy. At Sant’Anna Institute, study abroad students have the opportunity to experience the unique culture, customs, and climate of southern Italy.
Sant’Anna is located in the stunning town of Sorrento at the beginning of the Amalfi Coast, just 20 miles south of Naples. Perched atop hundred foot cliffs that face the Gulf of Naples, Sorrento is within sight of rugged snow-capped mountains, emerald waters, black sand beaches, cliff-hanging villages, and the world’s best known volcano: Vesuvius.
Sorrento is a safe, walkable, and picturesque center of international tourism. It has an international population, making it a small town, with a cosmopolitan feel.
Sorrento boasts also:
- Friendly, gracious people;
- Southern hospitality;
- Italian style;
- Bustling shopping streets and traditional Roman-style alleys;
- A mild, sun-drenched Mediterranean climate;
- Culinary traditions based on the seafood, and locally grown, fresh produce;
- Streets lined with lemon and orange trees;
- Hillsides covered with olive groves and vineyards;
- Home to some of the best pizza and gelato you will find anywhere.
Sorrento is a treasure all its own, and is a passageway to the:
- stunning islands of Capri and Ischia
- baroque splendor of Naples
- majestic Greek temples at Paestum
- historic Roman ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum
- world-famous collection at the National Archaeological Museum in Naples
- cliff hanging villages of the Amalfi Coast, like Positano, Amalfi and Ravello
- world’s best known volcano, Mount Vesuvius
It’s the perfect city to discover a home away from home in a hometown feel!